D.I.Y.- Kids Craft Table - The Style Sisters

D.I.Y.- Kids Craft Table

By The Style Sisters - Saturday, March 08, 2008


Do you need a fun craft table for your kids but can't afford the one you want from your favorite furniture store? Well I came up with this one about two years ago after searching for a table for our kids toy room. ( I didn't want to spend over $60 - I know I am SO CHEAP) So I started to think of how I could make one of my own for that cheap. So this is what I came up with... I got two shelving units from Walmart for about $10-15 each. Then I bought a skinny closet door from my local Habitat for Humanity for $18 (you can find doors at the D.I., Salvation Army or your local thrift shop). Next, I covered the door with a cute blue and white checked twin sized sheet from Raulph Lauren that I had used for a curtain once upon a time. I used an electric staple gun to attach the sheet to the underside of the door. I found some clear vinyl from Walmart that I bought by the yard (you can find this at any fabric store) I put this over the top of the sheet fabric and attached it the same way. I did this because whenever your child or children get paint, markers, crayon or who knows what else on the table you can easily wipe it right off!! You may want to screw the shelves to the underside of the door to keep it from tipping. You are now done!! Just find some cute cheap chairs and put them underneath the table and your kids will be in heaven! They will have a place for all of their coloring books, puzzles, crayons, markers and paint supplies!! They will LOVE THIS TABLE and so will you!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0