Mini Peach Raspberry Pies baked in ramekins - The Style Sisters

Mini Peach Raspberry Pies baked in ramekins

By The Style Sisters - Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello all! I wanted to share with you my mini peach raspberry pies. I don't know if your house is like mine but when we buy peaches some start to wither before we know it and others are hard as rocks! I decided to hurry up and use the withered peaches and make some pie!

OOOH all that goodness is oozing out of the crust and dripping over the sides..I love that!
For the recipe I used about 4 or 5 peaches in varying size and ripeness. You can see the different colors of the peaches below...some were white peaches and some were yellow peaches. The dark golden yellow were hard and deep red color were mushy. I peeled them and chopped them up into small pieces and then I added 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of white sugar, 2 Tablespoons of corn starch, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries. Mixed it up gently and then I made pie crust.


Here is the recipe for the pie crust (I made 2 of these recipes)
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
pinch of salt
2 to 3 Tblsp of ice cold water
Whipped it up in my cuisinart just until it started to come together, dumped it out onto a piece of saran wrap and formed it into a flat pancake and put it into the freezer for about 10 min. Then I rolled it out and cut out circles that were a little bigger than my ramekins. I fit the circles into the ramekins and left the sides up a little bit so the criss cross crust would have something to attach to. Once the ramekins were filled with the peach mixture I....
Rolled out the second pancake of dough and used my pampered chef serrated edge cuter thingy to cut skinny strips to make the criss crosses for the top crust.
I baked them in the oven for about 30 minute...until the crust was golden and the filling started to ooze over the edges...yummm can you smell it yet?
Here they are all in their cuteness. This made 8 mini peach rasbperry pies!
I am linking up to

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Hi Karen, I love that picture oozing raspberry juice all over. These look fun. I love anything in ramekins. I love all the different kinds of peaches. I thought of you the other day. I was mystified what had happened to one of my white napkin rings for awhile. I was down below my deck and found it on the bark. It had apparently been there for awhile :(. I hope you have settled in and are loving Utah. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love your peach pies in the ramekins! The rashberries in the recipe is very appetizing! I linked up late on your Wednesday Centerpiece and just want you to know how much I love your centerpeice with the boots and candlelabra. Just too Cute! The whole tablescape is perfect and especially the flowered napkins inside the jeans holder and belt napkin rings. Your grandchild story is precious!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so gooooood. You have such beautiful pictures on your blog. I am your newest follower. I wanted to thank you for stopping by Posed Perfection this week and leaving me a sweet comment about my touches of fall. Thanks also for inviting me to link up to your party. I hope you'll visit me again and maybe even follow me back. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0