Cookie Christmas tree stand - The Style Sisters

Cookie Christmas tree stand

By The Style Sisters - Friday, December 14, 2012

I was invited to a cookie exchange party and was trying to figure out a way to serve my cookies in an original way and then I found this darling silver Christmas card stand In a thrift store and paid $2.00 or $3.00 dollars for it and a "light bulb" idea popped into my head...cookie Christmas Tree!
You can't tell in this photo but it is silver and badly tarnished...someday I will polish it up....not!

My daughter baked a bunch of these soft amazing ginger cookies and dipped them in white chocolate and added Brite colored sprinkles on some and plain sugar on the others.

Here is the recipe:
Soft Ginger Cookies Dipped in White Chocolate

1 1/2 C (3 sticks butter)

2 C sugar

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 C Molases

4 1/2 Cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp slt

1/2 tsp baking powder

2 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp ground ginger

In bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and molasses. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Add the rest o the dry ingredient. Mix until combined well. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degree for 10-12 minutes

When cool dip cookies haf way in melted white chocolate andplace on wax paper to cool.

After my daughter made the cookies, I put them in cello bags and tied them with red, white and green ribbon and hung the loop of each bow on the card holders all around the tree.

Here is the tree sitting atop of my side board in the breakfast nook.

Try these cookies you will love them!

Karin

Linking to

Foodie Friday


 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0