Fall porch cornstalks and pumpkin topiaries - The Style Sisters

Fall porch cornstalks and pumpkin topiaries

By The Style Sisters - Tuesday, October 07, 2014

My Fall Front Porch
This year I decked out my porch with two pumpkin topiaries flagging each side of the door, four bundles of corn stalks tied around the four columns and a few other pumpkins going down the front steps.
When I first tied the cornstalks to the columns I used rather skinny orange ribbon... But it just wasn't looking bold enough so I found a large piece of orange burlap and cut long strips and tied them... Much better!
For my pumpkin topiaries I simply cut off the stems of the larger pumpkins and placed them in the urns and set the smaller pumpkin on the top... The weight keeps them in place. I've had the plastic black urns for years now... You can see them here sitting on my Texas porch, and over here on my porch from last year. You can see how I used grapevine wreaths here to set on the edge of the urns here! Simple and fast!

I did a wreath redo about 5 years or so ago by adding more garland and changed the ribbon. Everytime I get out the wreath I love it even more!
Oooh I love this season!
Linking to





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. This looks fabulous! Pinned. We couldn't think of anyone better to party with! Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cornstalks, i've never used them but always want to. and that wreath is perfect. enjoy!
    b

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0